Sunday, February 7, 2016

You're like Music Playing in My Head

February 7, 2016

Dear Subscriber:

Each week we examine a theme from a variety of points of view. The theme for this week is romantic love.

Today’s poem is about the complete absorption of early love.

I welcome comments on my poems at http://nicholasgordon.blogspot.com.

Yours,

Nick Gordon

You’re like music playing in my head
Everywhere I go from day to day.
I try a door and think of you instead,
Not knowing where I am or what I’ll say.
I live in a perpetual embrace,
Hugging the sweet thought that you are mine.
Walking through a park I touch your face,
Not caring if there’s rain or bright sunshine.
The cause must be, of course, our love is new;
It can’t go on like this for years and years.
I must take note of other things than you
And clear my head of smiles and grateful tears.
Yet such talk seems fantasy to me:
The world’s the dream, and you reality.

© by Nicholas Gordon

Hear or watch me recite the poem and listen to the music I chose for it at http://www.poemsforfree.com/youre.html. For more love poems, go to http://www.poemsforfree.com/lovepoems.html.

This week’s theme: Romantic Love.
Feb. 1: I Want to Make Your Heart Beat Just for Me
Feb. 2: For You the Earth Must Be a Greener Green
Feb. 3: Supplication
Feb. 4: What Makes Stars Romantic
Feb. 5: You Cannot Feel the Twisting of My Heart
Feb. 6: Early Love Is like a Mountain Stream
Feb. 7: You’re like Music Playing in My Head

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this poem . Reminds me alot of someone i once loved . Funny enough i wrote this poem to him , and confessed to him through a poem about how i felt🦋