Thursday, April 16, 2009

Poem of the Week

April 16, 2009 #528

Dear Subscriber:

This week’s poem of the week is a poem for Earth Day.

You can hear me read the poem and listen to the music for it at my site by going to http://www.poemsforfree.com and clicking on "Poem of the Week." You can also cast a vote for it to boost its popularity on Yahoo Buzz.

You can post a comment on the poem or read other comments on it at http://nicholasgordon.blogspot.com.

Yours,

Nick Gordon

Each of us is like one drop of rain,
A single splatter on the thirsty sand.
Remember, though, that drops fall not alone,
The products and producers of a grand
Harmony that waters well the plain.

Do not think, then, that you're on your own,
A tiny drop upon a dying land.
You are a storm, whose green fields will remain.

© by Nicholas Gordon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is quite a force. :-) Pray I am found worthy to be considered to be rain. :-)

I like it you write rhythmically and with with end rhymes. And I wonder how you manage to get five stanzas in each line. That is not easy. You are good.

By the way I write poems myself, but in English as my second language. I have written a short poem with quite the same theme:

JUST LIKE THAT

Raindrops reading roses ready,
daring dew to diligently
follow function flirting, fairly
bliss by beautify, but bluntly.

:-)