Thursday, July 18, 2013

I Love My Little Teddy Bear

July 18, 2013 #746

Dear Subscriber:

This week’s poem of the week is a poem for children.

You can hear me read the poem and listen to the music for it at my site by going to http://www.poemsforfree.com/week.html.

Yours,

Nick Gordon

I love my little teddy bear.
I want to take him everywhere.
His arms are always open and
He has to sit, he cannot stand.

He's always smiling when we play
And says whatever I would say.
I take him by an arm or ear
Or leg, whichever one is near,
And carry him around with me,
And sit him down upon my knee,
Or hug him when I go to bed
And put my head beside his head.

He has a little rip inside
His armpit, which my mommy tried
To sew, but it keeps opening.
My mommy said my dad would bring
A new one home, but I said no,
I wanted this one, even though
He may be old, a little worn,
And delicate where he is torn.

I will be gentle with him, for
I would not want to tear him more.
Tell me, those who urge his end:
Would you throw away a friend?

© by Nicholas Gordon

Watch me recite the poem on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaOs9yVwX9Q .

No comments: