Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Poem of the Week

May 17, 2012 #685

Dear Subscriber:

This week’s poem of the week is a love poem.

You can hear me read the poem and listen to the music for it at my site by going to http://www.poemsforfree.com/week.html .

Yours,

Nick Gordon.

How can I persuade you I'm sincere,
That my affection equals my desire?
I can tell you what you want to hear,
But there's no way to prove I'm not a liar.
Time may tell, but how much time must pass
Before you are convinced by what I do?
My eyes are eyes, not windows made of glass
Through which you can see clearly what is true.
Love cannot be, but at the risk of pain.
Nothing can be guaranteed to last.
Mere longing leads to neither loss nor gain.
One must bet before the dice are cast.
I know I love you, but you cannot know
My heart unless you trust that it is so.

© by Nicholas Gordon

No comments: