Thursday, November 3, 2011

Poem of the Week

November 3, 2011 #658

Dear Subscriber:

This week’s poem of the week is a poem for Eid al-Adha.

You can hear me read the poem and listen to the music for it at my site by going to http://www.poemsforfree.com/week.html .

Yours,

Nick Gordon

Each sacrifices what the heart loves most,
Imitating Abraham when he
Delivered Isaac to the eternal host,
Although with heavy heart, yet faithfully.
Love does not grasp, but gives away all things,
Aware of something holy in its fire,
Destined to retain the gifts it brings,
Having first relinquished the desire,
As Allah gives one all one would require.

© by Nicholas Gordon

1 comment:

Feng-Yi said...

I love your poem. I have visited your sit too. I love your work.
One of your poem called Ann makes me want to cry.
I love writing too. I writ a short text every week and post to my blog.
Can I link you websit or your blog to my Edublogs?
Can you link my edublog to your blog too?
http://fengyilan.edublogs.org